Friday, May 28, 2010

What I am Reading, or What Did I Get Myself Into?!















I am currently reading five books and have only a month before vacation to complete them! I am a glutton for punishment, I tell ya!
Here they are:
Vanity Fair by Thackeray---I am joining the discussion at the Victorians! group on Goodreads

Haunted by Chuck Palahniuk---against my better judgment ;) Thanks, Holly! I keep wanting to put it down, but don't for some reason. I even skipped the infamous short story, Guts!

Cranford by Elizabeth Gaskell, for the Cranford Read Along

Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen, for the Pride and Prejudice Without Zombies Read-along

Master and Commander by Patrick O'Brian for the Jane Austen group on Goodreads

I did start Becoming Jane Austen, but quickly put it aside for better things. It's a pretty boring biography of Austen. I'll save this for our tundra-like winters...

I am hoping to fit in some writing too, in the midst of all this craziness. Stay tuned. I am working on something I am calling "Venice: A Reuniting" in preparation for our second journey to Venice....

Also, the topic for our writing group next week is Humor, so the first thing that comes to mind is Children's Lit! The best humor in my book! I'll be sharing The Wind in the Willows by Kenneth Grahame, The Tales of Peter Rabbit by Beatrix Potter, and Solomon the Rusty Nail by William Steig. All three of these books are pretty pertinent to the title of this post: What did I get myself into!

No comments: