Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Tristan


Well, it was off to school for Tristan today. It was his first full day and first time on the bus. This marks the end of my almost five years of being a full-time mom. The door of the bus shut today, and I stood helplessly trying to see into the tinted windows for a last glimpse of my little boy leaving to enter the world on his own. It was both sad and wonderful at the same time, knowing that all the time and teaching and care I have given him over the years will now be put to the test. As the bus rolled off, my old life rolled off with it. I was left behind with just myself, again.


Tristan, this first post is for you. May you spread your wings and fly! I'll be waiting with open arms for you when you come home...

1 comment:

lilibug said...

I so know what you mean! Nicolas started a new school last week and took the bus for the first time. The only difference I can see is that his bus was not yellow (and that you wrote it so much better that I would have done). Thank you for all the mums.