Wednesday, June 9, 2010

On Point: Top Young Fiction Writers


I wanted to post this On Point radio show segment from NPR.  The segment is a discussion with 4 of the Top 20 writers over 40 from The New Yorker magazine (June 14&21).  It is very pertinent to writers coming to the forefront today.  I love what these writers have to say about the future of writing and books in the digital age.   In the program, they portend that fiction in 20-30 years will be read as much as poetry is today.  I have to disagree.  I think the format of fiction (and writers themselves) will just have to keep up with the times i.e. appeal to the new reader who has an attention span of about two seconds ;).  Seriously, there is hope in the future for fiction. I am sure of it and will never give up hope.

I

No comments: