Friday, October 29, 2010

The Man Who Watched Me Sleep

This morning, I discovered this article from salon.com.

Finally, a logical cause of my nighttime hallucinations: sleep paralysis. I'm not insane! I've been dealing with these things for years. Men at the side of my bed, toddlers trying to climb up on the mattress, and, for those who read my "Continental" article, sometimes the devil have been in my room (doesn't matter where I live) for for as long as I can remember. Just recently, I had a remote control car, all lit up, driving around the ceiling with sounds and everything! I usually wake up my husband, completely terrified, to check with him whether someone, or something, is really there. He is pretty used to it by now, and it is actually pretty funny in the morning, but never, ever, while it is happening.

A couple years ago, I told my mother about the man that was always in my room at night. She was convinced he was a ghost and told me to tell him to leave me alone and go into the light. Surprisingly, that man really didn't come back again, but others have. Although I was skeptical, I kind of believed that he was a ghost, and that our house was most likely haunted. But I really didn't think much about it, since I had stopped seeing that particular scary presence.  Thank goodness.

Just thought I'd share my own, very real, spooky experience.  

Enjoy all the Halloween festivities this weekend.  Just make sure no one is watching...:0  And, if you happen to encounter any ghosts or ghouls along the way, hope you too find some kind of logical explanation for them.

As for me, I will just play "Dawn" from the movie Pride and Prejudice with Kiera Knightley (#2 on my playlist), and pretend it is already morning.

Painting above:  The Nightmare by Henry Fuseli (1781)

No comments: