Monday, October 11, 2010

You Say It's My Birthday? (well, yesterday...)







Two Beatles songs in a row without even trying. How appropriate! Saturday would have been John Lennon's 70th birthday, and yesterday was my...well, I'll keep that to myself.

Anyway, I've been on a little birthday hiatus for the last few days. We spent Saturday in Niagara-on-the-Lake taking a wine tour and drinking some fabulous ice wine. Surprisingly, this was my first time tasting it and well worth the wait! We also had Afternoon Tea at the Prince of Wales Hotel, which was incredibly good, and incredibly bad for the health, as you can see in the pic.

Finally, we had a fun-filled evening in Niagara Falls, Ontario, enjoying the attractions on Clifton Hill. We had the choice between House of Frankenstein, Dracula's Lair, the Fun House, Ripley's Believe-It-or-Not, Madame Tussaud's Wax Museum, or the Crystal Maze. My son (and I!) was too scared to go in Frankenstein and Dracula, so we chose the Crystal Maze, which was complete highway robbery considering that it is just a room full of mirrors and black lights, and we were out of it within 10 minutes! But, my son loved it, which is all that matters.

As soon as the party hats are cleaned up, I'll be back with yet another post on our summer trip. See you soon!

2 comments:

Melissa (Avid Reader) said...

Happy Birthday! Looks like it was fantastic.

Susan E. Harris-Gamard said...

Thanks for the wishes, Avid Reader. It really was a great one!