Wednesday, October 13, 2010

A Reassessment

With the passing of my birthday this weekend, I am presently focusing my thoughts this week on a reassessing of my goals and work, especially pertaining to the future of my blogs. As some of you may know, I just recently opened two new blogs, Forage and From the Hand. In the beginning, I was very excited and motivated about starting these, but as time has passed and I have settled comfortably into autumn and the cooler weather, my interest has waned and I am finding them, in particular From the Hand, rather tedious. Those who know me well understand that I am more of an idea person, so anything pertaining to details and following through on an idea is something that will not "float my boat", so to speak. So, that said, I am contemplating closing From the Hand and keeping Forage as a sort of design laboratory, kind of a way of organizing my raw material.

This blog, The Wing Chair Traveller, will be undergoing a metamorphosis. It has evolved over its slightly over a year long existence to be a literary, travel, and writing blog. This will still remain so, but I will be placing its emphasis on a more holistic way of looking at things. One of my goals has been to read my blog dashboard at least once per day. A result of this has been a good amount of inspiration. There are some incredible blogs out there with many having an astonishing number of followers. One thing I have found about blogs in general is that in order to be received and followed, they need to have a unique take on things and be very inspiring to their readers. When I first started this blog, it was more personal for me. I really just wanted a place to write and try to figure out what to write about and what really holds my interest. I never thought that people would really want to read what I write. With every follower, I have become more inspired, and I am grateful for all of you. As this blog continues to evolve, I hope I still am able to hold your interest and will try to give you something to come back for. So,please hang in there while I grow and change. And please ,join my followers if you are not one already. I welcome you with open arms.

No comments: