Friday, October 15, 2010

Catch Up Day










Fridays always seem to be catch up day for me, and for this, I am the ultimate multi-tasker. I am presently watching the 1995 film version of Pride and Prejudice (one of the last things I have yet to complete for the Jane Austen challenge). While I watch this film, I am writing this post, while waiting for my "ghosts" to dry. I am attempting to make some papier mache ghost halloween decorations (see photo) from a project in Country Living magazine. I am also waiting for a hay wreath to dry. I have painted it black and sparkly in preparation for a really cool Halloween wreath I am making, at least I hope it turns out! In the midst of all this, I have taken a bike ride in the beautiful sunshine we are having (although pretty chilly) and am contemplating a longer post that I hope to get out sometime in the next few days.

I am only about 15 minutes in to the film, and since I don't want to watch it again, I need to end my post so that I can actually watch it with my eyes, not just my ears.

I have a big day planned for tomorrow. I am attending my first Rochester, NY chapter monthly meeting of the Jane Austen Society. The talk will be on the article "Money" by Edward Copeland. So, I guess we need to bring some passages related to Money in Austen's novels. Since I have been researching aspects of social and gender history in Austen, this meeting sounds like it will be great and beneficial. I am armed and ready with some great passages from Persuasion and Northanger Abbey, and I am really looking forward to tomorrow.

After the meeting, I am heading to the Anthropologie store. I just found out there is one in Rochester, only an hour away from us! Hopefully, I can find a nice autumn outfit, or at the very least some cool ruffled riding boots. What an exciting Saturday awaits!

Have a great weekend, everyone!

No comments: